Saturday, March 17, 2012

THE MANIAC SYSTEM OF DEADLINE!

Since I'm busy with my light novel project, I've handed my full responsibility of magazine's deadline to my fellow sub-editors. To my surprise, they have done such a great job in handling the whole process from contents to deadline management. Much better than when I was in deadline. My job now is just monitoring them & try to help if there's problem arises.

Today, something came up. My director told me GEMPAK's team (writers) is late of deadline. But when I check their schedule, all the articles already submitted to studio. When director asked why studio is late, the traffic controller said not enough man power. Sound pissed off, so further investigation was made. Suddenly the traffic controller came over to me & said I should have controlled the clients' content by marketing much earlier than usual because the department put the blame on my writers for being late of doing the write up.

As for me, this is always what happened in publishing... blaming on others to cover what suppose not to be covered. But the real solution is get the things done & later work things out again to minimize the same problem from being repeated! Why? U'll never know who is going to be late again & still others will get the blame because one magazine effected each & everyone who worked on it.

It does sound irritated but you got to deal with it even you plan for an escape. Because in this life... we've got to work together no matter what, though you like it or not. At the end of the day, I dig out the real problem & take it to solution. Though I'm gonna here sigh here & there (because some have to stay back), at least we still can solve the matter. Lesson learned again... I move on & so are others.

At the end of the day, you gonna laugh about it because the funny part is... everyone still working out the same process again & still there are mistakes arise. Who never make mistakes? Only you to yourself...? U think! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment